You are browsing C sharp Forum.
SEARCH YOUR SOLUTION HERE  

System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlException was unhandled

I am writing code snippet in C# and using a Windows CE emulator in VS 2008 (even though it does not come with it you've to download and install CE emulator variously). But VS 2010 does not even let programming for mobile devices, so I've to use 2008.
After much searching, I figured out how can i establish a connection to our database (it is various with programming for CE devices than how I usually do it). I figured out the correct connection string and was able to add it. Then another error message... so I had to do more research to find out it wanted SP1. VS2008 did, not SQL Server Compact... can't edit that as I've a later version installed already. So that error message was gone. I can now add my database Objects, write queries, and even run the code snippet
But now it does not wana to fill the data table, even though it can Create the table (with, I am fairly certain, the correct info).
I am totally out of solutions, and I've seen so much Google lately I am getting kind of sick of it.
Please assist if you can Even a link in the right direction would be applicationlaudd.
Here's my error message code snippet (I wasn't sure if to post it in C# or SQL but going with SQL as that's the error message, and I know that one of the kind mods will move it if it is in the wrong place)
This is created code snippet, obviously. If you want wana to see more just say so.
[global::System.Diagnostics.DeerrorgerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
[global::System.ComponentModel.DataObjectMethodAttribute(global::System.ComponentModel.DataObjectMethodType.Select, true)]
public virtual myDataSet.itemDataTable Getitem(string item) {
this.Adapter.SelectCommand = this.Commandcollection[0];
if ((item == null)) {
throw new global::System.ArgumentNullException("item");
}
else {
this.Adapter.SelectCommand.Parameters[0].Value = ((string)(item));
}
myDataSet.itemDataTable dataTable = new myDataSet.itemDataTable ();
this.Adapter.Fill(dataTable); exception thrown here

return dataTable;
Exception detail:
System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlException was unhandled
Message="SqlException"
Class=14
LineNumber=1
Number=18452
Procedure=""
Server="myServerName"
Source=".Net Sqlclient Data Provider"
State=1
Stacktrace:
at System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlConnection.onerror message(SqlException exception, TdsParserState state)
at System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlInternalConnection.onerror message(SqlException exception, TdsParserState state)
at System.Data.Sqlclient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.Sqlclient.TdsParser.Run(Runbehavior run, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream)
at System.Data.Sqlclient.TdsParser.Run(Runbehavior run)
at System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlInternalConnection.Login(Int32 timeout)
at System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlInternalConnection.OpenAndLogin()
at System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlInternalConnection..ctor(SqlConnection connection, Hashtable connectionOptions)
at System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlConnection.Open()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, Commandatabaseehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, Commandatabaseehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
at Test1.myDataSetTableAdapters.itemTableAdapter.Getitem(String item)
at Test1.Form1.is_valid_item()
at Test1.Form1.btnValid_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.onclick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.onclick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at Test1.Program.Main()
edit: server name has been alterd to protect the innocent
This post has been edited by WabiSabi: 05 November 2012 - 03:44 PM
Posted On: Sunday, November 25, 2012 Total Views: 42
View Complete with Replies

Hi,

This webpage contains content related to C sharp . If question related to "System.Data.Sqlclient.SqlException was unhandled" is not helpful or you didn't find the question or answer you were looking for then you can ask a new question through contact form. Our development Team will be happy to help you. This article was posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 and having 42 views till Friday, April 25, 2014.

Thank You

Related Messages:

Re: VC# 2010 Express - RaceOnRCWCleanup was detected  (100 Views)
I've tried absolutely eso thing that I can think of and find on google to get rid of this memory type error message that keeps occurring when the software quits.
Error: An intend has been made to free an RCW that is in use. The RCW is in use on the active thread or another thread. Attempting to
View Replies !
Re: Index was out of range  (17 Views)
Halloo....
I want your assist badly
Please do assist me to solve this error message...
I got this error message after i save the first record and browse to the next record and then save.
Thanks Thanks....
"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the co
View Replies !
Re: Kill a process that was started via another process  (16 Views)
Ok I've a service software that starts a process (with the Process.Start() method) but when I shutdown my service I can hardy a Process.Kill() and it does indeed kill my process but it leaves any child processes open and that begins a runaway adventure with my processor.
In this case my Process.P
View Replies !
I thought it was argS. Plural.  (20 Views)
As in more than one. I am trying to parse CL options using Code: static void Main(string[] args)
{
foreach(string arg in args)
{
System.Console.WriteLine(arg);
}
} So I run my program
Myprogram "Arg1" "Arg2" "Arg3"
Output:
Arg1" Arg2 Arg3
Notice the
View Replies !
Re: String wasn't recognized as a valid DateTime.  (37 Views)

i am working with Windows softwares in c#. i am working with Dates for my software. when i alterd the settings in the machine to canada i am getting an error message "String wasn't recognized as a valid DateTime.".
i am taking the data in DataView.There i can see the datecolumn with "21 03 06
View Replies !
Re: PInvokeStackImbalance was detected ??? Can some body assist pls?  (32 Views)
Can some body tell me why Im getting this error message
VB Code:
using System;using System.collections.Generic;using System.ComponentModel;using System.Data;using System.Drawing;using System.Text;using System.Windows.Forms;using System.Runtime.InteropServices;namespace Card_Test{ public part
View Replies !
FTP Problem - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host  (56 Views)
I got this class that deal with all FTP functionality and must admit, I don't know much how it work. I basically just edited it a little bit for my own use, and seems to work fine.
Before I've been on a shared Win2K host, and the FTP functionality worked fine. But now we moved to a Win2K3 Dedi
View Replies !
Detecting which card was clicked with cards.dll?  (39 Views)
Does anybody have any solution how I can detect which card the user clicked on a card game when using cards.dll
I can't figure out how because it isn't an actual Object on the form but is drawn with the OnPaint event.http: www.vbforums.com displaythread.p...46#post2417446
View Replies !
Socket.BeginReceive() error message-An existing connection was forcibly closed  (57 Views)
Hello
I write host-client prorject using C#. It has been working well when I run the host on Windows XP and client on Windows 7. But then I always get connection error message when I run both host and client on Windows XP. It throws exception on this function Socket.BeginReceive() and the except
View Replies !
Input String was in Incorrect Format thrown from datatable  (25 Views)
I keep getting a FormatException in the following code snippet block
OrderLine ordLine = new OrderLine();
Load all the 'finalized' dummyLines into a datatable (this will be used to loop by and set parameters later)
dTab = DAL.GetAllDummyLinesForOrder(setRealOrderFromDummy);
for
View Replies !
Checking if an IP was created by a Proxy.  (17 Views)

Is it possible to find out if an IP is created by a proxy I've googled and googled for quite a while now but I've had no luck....
View Replies !
C# Input string wasn't in a correct format  (47 Views)
this is a great forum and i have discovert aset from using the tutorials.
However i have having some problem with some of my code snippet at the moment. I keep getting a error message saying C# Input string wasn't in a correct format.
Here's the code snippet in questions that i am having the e
View Replies !
Index was outside the bounds of the array Error...  (55 Views)
friends..I am doing a c# program which uses Jagged array at one point.I am not able to repeat the for loop which is going to store my value in a jagged array.I've attached the Sample output i have to get in a word document and also the hardy description .Here's my code snippet for PART-1...... usi
View Replies !
Which key was pressed?  (22 Views)
guys.
I wana to know how i can check in C#.net which "keycode snippet" was pressed
Example:
If i press "CTRL" key MessageBox will display "You was pressed 'CTRL'key".
Sorry if my English is bad, i'm from Serbia and here English language isn't main..
View Replies !
"ArgumentNullException was unhandled" deerror error message no display  (37 Views)
I've written a program where I ask the user to input a number between 2 and 8. If the user picks a number between 2 and 8 an Object is instantiated and will go on to do some work. If the user picks a number outside of those parameters, then the user gets a statement that says "invalid number." Th
View Replies !
Input string wasn't in the correct format  (7 Views)
Upon executing the program given below code snippetd using Visual Studio 2010, I getd the error message "Input string wasn't in the correct format". I've intended to resolve it for some time now, but I fail to understand just why I get that message.
The program is easy. The user enters the amoun
View Replies !
NullReferenceException was unhandled. Unsure on how can i resolve.  (36 Views)
I've more than one classes so I will put the hardyatic ones first:Enemy.csusing System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using System.collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
namespace Shooter
{
class Enemy
View Replies !
Input string wasn't in the correct format  (28 Views)
Upon executing the program given below code snippetd using Visual Studio 2010, I getd the error message "Input string wasn't in the correct format". I've intended to resolve it for some time now, but I fail to understand just why I get that message.
The program is easy. The user enters the amoun
View Replies !
Error: Input string wasn't in a correct format  (21 Views)

using System;
using System.collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.IO;
namespace WindowsFormsApplication1
{
public parti
View Replies !
Index was outside the bounds of the array.  (42 Views)
I am recently discovering C# via the head first C# book and I've come across the following peculiar hardy. I know that I am not outside of the bounds of the array yet its throwing this indexoutofrange exception. This is the first lab part of the book where you're not given the source code snippet, i
View Replies !